Friday, April 9, 2010

Beginnings...

...at the kitchen table. Sitting, cross legged, my legs crossed in a prayer.

The irony of these origins, is that they have sprung out of a Protein. The protein that has caused a complete disruption in life; the breaking of stability, of health, of dreams, of marriage even.

The journey of this winter's discontent, is yet not complete, and has not discovered contentment. Not Yet. These writings will become a practice and a discipline. An admittance before starting a "food blog" is that I hate eating.

That is, I hate eating right now. It causes pain in my gut, and I know not its root. Celiac disease has been diagnosed now for over two years, and allergy test results are forthcoming in the next few weeks. These pictures and words are a way for me to try to enjoy food. If I may not enjoy its taste, I may enjoy its look, and conjured art, and thought in repast...

Tonight, I made salad. Good salad. Simple salad.

Ingredients?

Romaine lettuce
Chick-peas
Cucumbers
Capers
Meyer lemon juice
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Cracked Pepper


It was easy and good; shared between my sister and I.

6 comments:

  1. I will look forward to our shared meals together and my heart is lighter upon reading this blog. Oh don't forget to wear your red socks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just never could have seen where this thing would go from here...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Erin,
    You can't travel back in time, but I think I just did...

    Regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Dearest Alan, I think I just traveled back too. Thank you for helping me to do so. It's certainly been an interesting road "there and back again..."

      Delete
  4. Take 3 fingers for the road, old sausage!

    ReplyDelete