Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is...

.....covering.


...covering a cutting board with tin foil. Romance? Buying a new frying pan. Complete trust? Eating.

Taking the first bite...

I had to turn away. I didn't want him to see me, at least not yet. My eyes betrayed me, unveiled me, and I stood stockingfooted in his kitchen, as bare as the floor. Shadowy souled windows would have told him everything, welling with tears -- the spring of which had been purposely plugged and covered with dirt. Desire dusted off...bruised, buried, and busied for safe keeping. My self, like a monk's manuscript, illuminated by closing the cover...spine creased...


...but not broken in binding.

The thread holds.

This covering makes me hungry...and for the first time, I am not scared to eat of it.

3 comments:

  1. Trust is the being of friendships and love. Keep tugging on the spool :-) Always proud sgb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant the BEGINNING...I really should not post after 8:00 p.m. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "trust is the being" / "trust is the beginning" --- I think both apply beautifully...

    ReplyDelete