Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Fishing Un-Partner.

They say that you learn something new every day. Today, I did. Today, I learned that one should never take one's Banjo fishing. The canine kind of Banjo, that is.

Out of sight is not out of mind. Seemingly, I was the only thing he could think about; even, when I was in sight. I made him comfortable, gave him salmon snacks (and who doesn't like salmon snacks!), told him I loved him, and, while holding his head in my hands, guided his gaze, assuring that I would be --- right -- over -- there --------> see....?

No. No, in fact, he did not see. He did not understand why he was tied to a tree. Or, why I was holding a long pointy object in my hand and why on earth was I so close to the water? He seemed worried, his ears cocked sideways, "that looks dangerous." He barked me back into view.

He is needy, that dog.

12 comments:

  1. AAAAaaaaahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHhahahah! Did ya get a chance to make any casts at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few, only a few. And then, my eyes were too distracted with trying to make sure Banjo didn't strangle himself in his lovesick-longing for me, to keep my eye on a fly. I did manage to remember how to rig a dropper though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IPOY!BUT BANJO IS SUCH A BAD BOY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you after reading your exchange with Howie over at Windknots and Tangled Lines. I like your style and will follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clif - Thank you! Glad to have you reading along...and I'll be following your "Hunt For The Big One" as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following my blog, I'm up on your now.

    I'm due to get a little fishing partner this week, she will be just 7 weeks old, so trips will only be after after her jabs. I will take her picture once she's is fishing ready!!

    Kind Regards, from England.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flyfishermanrichard - Great! And, I can't wait to see your new fishing partner.....Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, I'm late for the party! Hi Erin, I'm going to enjoy this as much as our little exchange yesterday, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Cofisher -- glad to have you join the "party"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHA!!! Kye, my youngest, thought the point was to go for what I was "throwing". Needless to say he doesn't get to go fishing anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Although, a friend of mine had a dog who actually ate his fly. Not a good thing! Banjo is getting much better at fishing with me...just took a lot of spooked pools. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might try more casting in the driveway / street before I go risking losing any catches. Good places to fish are too sparse down here to learn there.

    ReplyDelete