Monday, May 23, 2011

Badger Mountain Wine.

Down the canyon spring is here. Up, it is not. Altitude holds its head high...cranking necks back...winter whiplash. Driving down the brim of its crooked nose every morning I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz -- suddenly, my world changes from black & white to color. Around milemarker 15, Technicolor reinvents my day. Finally, I'm wearing those ruby slippers.

It was raining in Boulder. I knew my world would metamorphosize, again at that milemarker. So I picked some lilacs. I would have spring. And I picked a bottle of wine. I would make merry.

Light, a syrah; a wine to be had on a snowy day. A bottle blue to warm the white.

Cheers...


9 comments:

  1. My goodness! You made the wicked witch of the west into Esmeralda princess of the canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great picture. And it sounds like a lot of work went into it. Can't wait 'till I have a license, so at least I can have the options to go flower picking! Only 3 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And Justin, the photo credit goes to Jay...I just did the picking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous said...
    Erin, you will always be wearing "ruby slippers" in your mind :-) Remember you are just 3 clicks aways from home <3

    May 24, 2011 6:08 AM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You packed a novela's worth of punch in about 150 words...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Altitude holds it's head high....driving down the brim of it's crooked nose...." good stuff. pepper,blackberries,lilacs.....right on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vivid words. Your artist's eye is showing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lilacs... so fine. Syrah can be such a refreshing red. My heart pumps merlot, but it is nice to lighten things up from time to time :) especially in spring. Way to go, enticing colors back up your mountain!

    ReplyDelete